(I made it!)This classic recipe yields simple, mouthwatering results after only about 10 minutes in the kitchen. It was met with outstanding reviews at my dinner table. Recipe after the jump.
Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp (raw; 20 to 25 per lb)
- 4 large garlic cloves, left unpeeled and forced through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 lb capellini (angel-hair pasta)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet and sauté shrimp, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp. Remove skillet from heat.
Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture and parsley in large bowl, adding some of reserved cooking water if necessary to keep moist.